List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Changed KAlarm dependency for KDE Gear 24.02.1
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-03-04 23:21:35

El dissabte, 2 de març de 2024, a les 18:55:35 (CET), David Jarvie va
escriure:
> A significant bug fix has been made for KAlarm to fix long standing audio
> issues. Following a recommendation by Harald Sitter, I've replaced the use
> of Phonon with libcanberra for playing sounds. This is now in master branch
> (https://invent.kde.org/pim/
> kalarm/-/commit/dd4bab1a3642c0ec860ffada450d4d41dd85080f[1] and https://
> invent.kde.org/pim/kalarm/-/commit/63fe942beb2d2b72c4b955beea955ffb23ef0d71
> [2]), but I'd like to include the fix in KDE Gear 24.02.1. Given that this
> requires a dependency change, can I go ahead with this?

It's highly inusual to change dependencies in the middle of a release.

But if that bug is high impact and given that we already require libcanberra
in other software so folks possibly already have it available i don't think
it's a terrible change.

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Other thing to ask is whether libcanberra not having had a release in 12
years makes it a good depencency to have, but that's for another day.