List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Gear: how to handle the i18n branches/stable/l10n-kf5 branch? (23.08 or 24.02)
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2024-01-10 21:13:34

Hi all,

the last release of Gear 23.08 (23.08.5) is planned at the beginning of February.
On the other hand, we need to create the stable branches for Gear, which means
pointing the branches/stable/l10n-kf5 branch now and have it point to the bits
of Gear which are still KF5-based.

I see 3 possible outcome:

- drop scripty tracking for those branches, release 23.08.5 with whatever we
have now in branches/stable/l10n-kf5, and start using branches/stable/l10n-kf5
for the remaining of KF5 Gear modules. It is less than a month and I don't see
us losing much;

- create a special branch to track 23.08.5;

- restrict 23.08.5 to just the modules which are ported to KF6 in 24.02. This
way we could use branches/stable/l10n-kf5 to track all remaining KF5 modules:
the ones still in 24.04 and the other still at 23.08.

Unfortunately we need to decide before tomorrow, January 11th...

Ciao
--
Luigi