List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Disable by default KRandR in 4.11
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-04 19:39:03

El Dijous, 4 de juliol de 2013, a les 01:06:27, =C0lex Fiestas va escriure:
> Hi there

Hi

> I want to propose to disable by default KRandR from kde-workspace release
> for 4.11.
> =

> While I'm considered the maintainer of KRandR truth is I have never been
> it, I just made it "work" around 4.7 times but it is still full of bugs a=
nd
> annoyances.
> Since we have KScreen (which tomorrow I will propose for Extragear) which
> almost all distributions are shipping I see no point on keeping KRandR
> around, specially in 4.11 that will be the last release of 4.11.
> =

> KScreen is rock solid, it has two maintainers taking care of it, it is way
> more advanced and complete than KRandR and it is trusted enough so
> distributions like RHEL are going to ship it.
> =

> Ideally I would like to remove the source code completely, but I guess we
> are too late into 4.11 to do such thing.

I agree we are too late.

If KScreen is so much better, i'd make sure packagers know about it and the=
y =

can install KScreen and not KRandR if they want, even provide =

replaces/conflicts rules.

But since we are 5 days away from "Release Candidate" day, don't think =

removing (or disabling) something from kde-workspace is a good idea.

Cheers,
  Albert