El Dijous, 4 de juliol de 2013, a les 01:06:27, =C0lex Fiestas va escriure: > Hi there Hi > I want to propose to disable by default KRandR from kde-workspace release > for 4.11. > = > While I'm considered the maintainer of KRandR truth is I have never been > it, I just made it "work" around 4.7 times but it is still full of bugs a= nd > annoyances. > Since we have KScreen (which tomorrow I will propose for Extragear) which > almost all distributions are shipping I see no point on keeping KRandR > around, specially in 4.11 that will be the last release of 4.11. > = > KScreen is rock solid, it has two maintainers taking care of it, it is way > more advanced and complete than KRandR and it is trusted enough so > distributions like RHEL are going to ship it. > = > Ideally I would like to remove the source code completely, but I guess we > are too late into 4.11 to do such thing. I agree we are too late. If KScreen is so much better, i'd make sure packagers know about it and the= y = can install KScreen and not KRandR if they want, even provide = replaces/conflicts rules. But since we are 5 days away from "Release Candidate" day, don't think = removing (or disabling) something from kde-workspace is a good idea. Cheers, Albert > = > Cheers ! _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team