List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Calling off Beta1
From:       Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik () redhat ! com>
Date:       2012-05-30 8:21:39

----- Original Message -----
> Since we don't have a soprano release we can depend off I'm
> officially
> cancelling the tarballs of Beta1 since it makes no sense to release
> something
> that can't be compiled.
>

> If the soprano people make a release I'll re-create the packages and
> we'll
> speak for dates for a new release.

Soprano is already released (thanks Sebas) so I think we can just
continue + bindings tarballs respins.

That's just the reason for that one week before official announcement
to settle these things done. It helps us create a new packages (as
nepomuk-core) by the beta announcement, create consumable packages for
brave testers and users etc. So I really don't think this is the reason
to postpone beta - for these issues the kde-packager list exists and
I'm really proud it worked quite well - even I was never happy how some
stuff is dealt with and I'm glad someone stepped into this role :)

Jaroslav