List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Suggestion to remove ksecrets in 4.8.2
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jriddell () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2012-03-31 9:01:46

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 09:37:31AM +0200, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Do you mean the whole KSecretsService from kde-utils?
> It seems a bit late for 4.8.2. Also we should contact the developers
> asking them about its status.

ksecrets-4.8.1.tar.bz2 is that tar that has been released

Voila

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/ksecretservice-devel/2012-March/thread.html
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/74220

> This poses questions about review. As far as I can see, this was added
> in September 2011, so very recently. If it does not work now then
> probably it did not work when it was added.

Yes.  I have not found anyone who has it working or even a description
of how to test it (me and rex are using a couple of programmes which
use it but have only been tested with Gnome Keyring).

Jonathan