List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Suggestion to remove ksecrets in 4.8.2
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2012-03-31 7:37:31

On 03/30/2012 07:57 PM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I would like to suggest to remove ksecrets from the SC 4.8.2 release.
> It does not appear to have an active developer and when me and Rex
> have packaged it we could not get it to work and it appears to have
> missing functions compared to the Gnome Keyring plugin.
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Do you mean the whole KSecretsService from kde-utils?
It seems a bit late for 4.8.2. Also we should contact the developers
asking them about its status.

This poses questions about review. As far as I can see, this was added
in September 2011, so very recently. If it does not work now then
probably it did not work when it was added.

Anne-Marie