List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: kdeutils cleanup
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-18 16:12:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 18 April 2008, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> I guess we agree that every program should have some kind of active
> maintainer, some people who feel responsible for it and have
> sufficient knowledge about it, if it is included in a KDE module.

This would be the ideal world. But even kdelibs has code that does not
have any active maintainer, and I'm sure that is true for other code in
other modules.
If the application works, doesn't have any serious reported bug, there
is not need to move to unmaintained. I'd actually be sad if such thing
happens.
Of course if it doesn't even compile, it is unusable or such and nobody
cares about it, it can be moved away.

Andras