List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: Sun's Desktop Division making headway
From:       Kent Nguyen <kent () mslinux ! com>
Date:       2001-09-04 10:07:19

On Tuesday 04 September 2001 01:43, Jonathan Singer wrote:
> > Rumor/discussion *only*:
>
> Kind of  flame-y and off-topic, but since you asked for discussion..  ;-)

I think for promotion, it is appropriate to catch any KDE related rumors that
may have some truths where we can leverage to learn more to pursue proper
course of action or be ready with open arms to invite them into our projects.

> > We got an anonymous submission traced to someone from inside Sun that
> > the GNOME work was put on hold and that the developers were being
> > redeployed to other projects.  Anyone know anything about that?
>
> Well, there was an anonymous Dot poster claiming he'd heard from
> someone that there was some movement at Sun to move to KDE. Now, if
> that's not a reliable source, I don't know what is!
> <http://dot.kde.org/999120705/999186010/999193404/999202288/999220436/>

This sounds like wonderful news but am cautiously optimistic.

Sun employee did submit a patch before.  I don't remember when but I thought
it was wonderful news and should be shared.

--
Kent Nguyen
Linux and KDE in every library