List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Re: [KDE-EDU]: Server down
From:       Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero () redhat ! de>
Date:       2001-07-27 17:10:32

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:

> *  Is there any way to garantee a better reaction on such
> failures in the future?

Yes. Have mirrors and use a round-robin DNS, something I've suggested
before.
2 servers with occasional downtime == 1 server with 100% uptime.

> *  Are there any alternatives to having the lists hosted
> by Red Hat?

s/lists/webservers/g - we've had some alternatives, but they had even
worse problems (The chances of a server going down on a Friday evening
are rather slim - and on weekdays, I can fix things immediately).

LLaP
bero