List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Fwd: Re: [KDE-EDU]: Server down
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-27 16:50:45

Hi,

below you find a posting I reveived through the kde-edu list
and my (maybe unpolite) reply to it and the reply of Bernd
to my reply - telling the 'horrible truth'.  :-)

Come to think of it I am not sure if the current solution
is the way things /should/ be done: I just cannot understand
that such problems seem to depend from people not having
access to the server room during weekends.

Now three questions come to my mind:

*  Is there any way to garantee a better reaction on such
   failures in the future?

*  Are there any alternatives to having the lists hosted
   by Red Hat?

*  Could anybody please try to estimate the monthly costs
   of running a reliable server for dot.kde.org, zine.kde.org,
   edu.kde.org and usability.kde.org (so I could find out
   whether I can afford the money to host them privately
   myself)?

Ciao,
Karl-Heinz