List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: re [kde-promo] re: attention Andreas
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-06-21 21:28:16

Christopher Lee Fleck wrote:

> You missed the point of what I was saying entirely.  Admonishing an artist's
> work because it offends somebody is hypocrisy when it's coming from those who
> champion the freedom of expression.

Hi,

As I read the thread nobody was admonishing any work; in fact everybody
has praised Aga's artwork.  The issue has always been whether it is
appropriate in the context of the KDE Zine cover.

In any event, freedom of expression is not the monopoly of artists and
art is not sacrosanct.  Critics are as free to express themselves as are
artists.  And the fact that a work of art is offensive is a valid reason
to criticize it.

Ciao,

Dre