List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-06-04 21:36:22

Darian Lanx wrote:

> Hello all.
> Since I read the interview a moment ago, which I enjoyed, thank you tink,

Which interview was that?

The homepage is http://www.kdeleague.org/.

> Are there any officials of the KDE league reading this mailing list, if so
> which?

That would be me; not sure if anyone else lurks here.

> Is there any spokesman or person the various independant promo
> projects and sites can get in contact with, so the kde league might take
> actions in favour of them?

You are welcome to email proposals to
kde-league-commitee@trolltech.com.  Please be as specific as you can in
terms of what you are looking for.

> Is there any centralized structure for requestion sponsorship or funding? Is
> there a certain procedure one has to follow, is there a website? are there
> certain prerequisits one has to fullfill in order to being considered by the
> League for "help"?

There isn't a policy in place at this point for sponsoring projects.  We
are currently finalizing the budget and once that is done we will move
toward addressing issues such as whether a formal procedure makes sense
and if so what its outlines will be.

> All those questions keep swirling in my head and I honestly wonder...where
> are they ?
>
> This is not meant as criticism, for that I do not understand well enough how
> they work, but I would like to get in touch with some of them to help me and
> the zine and its development.

Regards,

Andreas Pour
KDE League, Inc.