List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Re: [kde-promo] ATTN: Navindra ...your zine question
From:       "Dirk Doerflinger" <ddoerflinger () web ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 22:53:14

kde-promo@master.kde.org schrieb am 31.05.01:
> Tink,
> I'd be more than thrilled to code for the KDE Zine!  If you will allow it to
> be done in PHP with a MySQL database, I'll do it for you.  I can do it with
> another database, or none at all, but MySQL is preferred if at all possible.
>
> I can make things extremely easy on the writers/editors/anyone else who will
> work on the Zine by creating scripts which automate the process of compiling
> the stories, contents, index, etc. of the Zine.  I can also make a section of
> the site for just the writers/editors which will give them exclusive access
> to the current in-progress edition of the Zine for reviewing/editing/adding
> purposes.
>
> My experience is limited, but I have plenty of free time to figure things
> out.  I know you would probably prefer someone more experienced and good at
> doing such things, but if you can't find anyone else, I'll do it, and I'll do
> it well if you give me the chance.
>
> Let me know what you think... as I said, I would love to take on this project.
Hi all,
I've already offered Darian my help as soon as I have finished my exams.
I didn't do much with (My)SQL, but I'm kinda experienced with PHP and with XML (and \
the combination of it). IIRC, Darian said that some more ppl offered help with the \
technical side of it, so maybe it's time for a discussion about _how_ it should be \
done in the end. I think it depends on the following things:

- wishes of the authors (means easy markup)
- technical possibility of
   - framework creators (where personal favours are in, too)
   - ISP of the webserver
- usability for more than simple webpublishing (means a probable reuse of articles \
                somewhere else [e.g. printmedia])
- design

Maybe (surely ;-) I forgot something, but IMHO those are the most important things.
I didn't follow this mailing list from the beginning, so maybe this was already \
talked -> sorry....

Greetings,
DD

--