List:       kde-promo
Subject:    RE: [kde-promo] interview with Trolltech
From:       Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY () OBERTHURCS ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 8:24:42

> Tink <tink@kde.org> wrote:
> > If you're interested I can do a monthly 'Companies Behind KDE'
> > interview as long as there is someone else to ask the
> questions. You
> > all know I'm not a developer so tecnical questions would no do well
> > with me. I can make a section on the People Behind KDE
> pages. It can
> > be published as soon as you send me the input.
> >
> > Let me know.
>
> I think this would be awesome.  LinuxPower.org did something like this
> for the GNOME Foundation companies, and the interviews were so good
> they managed to get themselves on Slashdot for almost every single
> interview and every single week.
>
> It's up to Philippe and you of course.  Philippe?  If you need
> suggestions or comments about the content/questions, I'm willing to
> chip in!

I love the idea of a monthly interview and I am ready to dedicate some work
to this.

However, here are a few points I would like to consider:
- aren't we going to spoil kde-zine's content ?
Some of the interviews could make the zine far more interesting. Should we
reserve some interesting stuff for the zine or keep everything on the dot ?
I think this should be discussed with zine people. My opinion regarding that
the zine is not for the same audience as the dot, so it is ok to use the
same content in both.

- would it make more sense to arrange something with dep so that we get
published on linuxtoday ? There is probably a wider audience on linuxtoday
than on dot.kde.org .

- if we were to do such an interview with trolltech, we should ask for
questions on the dot first to get the maximum interesting questions, just
like slashdot does.

by the way: the kzine mailing list doesn't show up too on kde-lists. I think
it is also the case for kde-women. Can someone send a mail to the relevant
person (forgot his name and mail).

	regards,

	Philippe