List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] The Dot
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-29 20:08:04

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:47:49PM -0400, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Not at all, I think the Trolls would be a perfect option if they
> accepted/offered to host us.  You do know they host www.kde.org, right?
> These are really the only kind of Trolls we like at the dot, though.  ;)

Hm, I knew it was one of the sites, is it really www.kde.org? Okay, in that
case there's nothing wrong with the Trolls indeed.

> > Any ideas or offers anyone? I don't know what kind of setup is required
> > to run it, but it shouldn't be too exotic, I guess. Where are all those
> > companies in the KDE League when you need them? ;-)
>
> Nobody has asked them.  For all we know, IBM would host us if we asked.  I
> think Trolltech, SuSE, Caldera, Mandrake, IBM are all potential options to
> investigate.  We could even make a PR of the whole thing.

I'm not sure where it is hosted right now but I wouldn't bring it up
if it was an occasional problem, but I'm getting withdrawl symptoms so I
would be very happy if a solution would announce itself.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest