List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] interview with Trolltech
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2001-05-29 16:01:08

Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY@OBERTHURCS.com> wrote:
> I have discovered that an interview is going to be made with Shawn Gordon.
> It is a very good idea. But there is this other company that is fairly close
> to kde and deserves an interview: Trolltech.

This is a brilliant idea.  But the Zine will take a long time to get
off the ground as they have so much to do, and your interview might
get quite old by the time they publish.  The Shawn interview has
suffered that fate as far as I know.  See what they think at
kde-zine@kde.org.

If they/you don't think they handle this one in a timely matter, I
think we can publish this interview on The Dot, especially if there is
some relevant KDE content and perspective!  Another option is to wait
for the Zine to get off the ground, and then do the interview -- you
might have new questions by then (Qt3 stable?).  Unfortunately,
there's no timeline for the Zine has far as I know.

Afterall, we don't want to let all this PR effort flounder.  An
interesting interview with Trolltech can potentially find itself on
Slashdot, LinuxToday, LWN.

As a comprimise I can make a KDE Zine icon and category for the dot
and have Zine content published immediately until they have enough
articles for an issue.

Cheers,
Navin.

(and yes the dot is down right now, our hosting server is down apparently)