List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Greeting from Spain!
From:       Philippe Fremy <fremy () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2001-02-07 9:37:00

	Hi,

> I've just subscribed to the kde-promo list and I hope we'll do something
> interesting.

Yes, I hope too.

> I'm not an active member in KDE development :'( but I am an active KDE
> user and I try to promote it at my LUG (http://www.linux-malaga.org) and
> in www.barrapunto.com/kde

This is also why I am here. I probably can't help very much to
core-development but I hope I will help with kde mindshare developments.

> Barrapunto.com is a spanish site similar to slashdot.org (it uses the
> same slash code, but now it is beeing modified). There is a KDE section,
> and it has been just officially started, but I have been using it for a
> while.

I think there is a great potential for direct kde promotion to LUGs and
other local groups.

Sounds direct, but do you think you could make a presentation of kde to
them, like in a conference ? We already have some material with the
kpresenter presentations of David. All you need to add is voice comments
for the understanding of the kde2 architecture.

I had great time assisting at many project presentations at the OSDEM and I
think people (and developers) are usually very interrested by this kind of
things, especially if you show them how easy it is to take advantage of all
the technologies. And if it is in their native language, it is the top.

So why not organise a meeting in your LUG where you could present Kde.

I'm aware that what I am suggesting takes quite a lot of time to set-up,
but I also know it is very fun and it helps a lot.

	regards,

	Philippe