List:       kde-promo
Subject:    KDE accepted to GSoC 2024
From:       Neofytos Kolokotronis <neofytosk () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-02-21 21:27:14

Hi Promo folks,

I am excited to share that KDE has been accepted again for the Google Summer of Code \
2024 program!

The announcement was just made public on Google's website:
https://opensource.googleblog.com/2024/02/mentor-organizations-announced-for-google-summer-of-code-2024.html

It would be great if we can share the news on our social media accounts or any other \
place you find relevant.

We can include the link to our 2024 ideas:
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2024/Ideas

And here's some additional info that could be used from mentoring.kde.org:
- KDE has been participating in the GSoC since the beginning in 2005 (which means for \
                19 years now!) mentoring multiple projects every year.
- One of our highlights is having a beloved previous GSoC contributor become the KDE \
e.V. president!

Thank you,
Neofytos
KDE GSoC admin team