List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Yet unannounced Plasma TV UI project
From:       Paul Brown <paul.brown () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-03-22 19:40:44

Hello Marco and Aditya,

In the Promo team we were struggling a bit with the "Plasma Bigscreen" name.
There are several problems with it:

1. "Big Screen" is usually used to refer to "cinema", not TV
2. if you abbreviate it (and people will abbreviate it) it does not look good:
Plasma BS
3. it does not look very good written down as it is very long
4. it is not very memorable

We have several alternative suggestions for names that may work better:

Plasma Deka ("deka" means "big" in Japanese)
Plasma Show
Plasma Beam
Plasma Home

We would like to you to consider these names before launch, as changing the
name later would be inconvenient.

Thanks!

Paul
--