List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: ELCE retrospective
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jos.poortvliet () nextcloud ! com>
Date:       2018-10-30 19:30:43

On dinsdag 30 oktober 2018 18:01:42 CET Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Let me use the right mail address :(
>
> On dinsdag 30 oktober 2018 17:29:27 CET Scott Harvey wrote:
> > Hi Jos,
> >
> > A quick search the other day pointed me to StickerMule.com - they do
> > die-cut stickers, labels, and magnets. They're US-based (as am I), but
> > they have free shipping to the EU. That's a big win.
> >
> > The quality looks very good and they've got a roster of other
> > organizations that have used them: Google, Amazon, PayPal, etc.
> >
> > I personally think die-cut stickers look significantly more
> > professional, although that comes at a price.
>
> Certainly true.
>
> > Perhaps we should start a Phabricator task, work out some prices, work
> > out some designs, and see how much money we're talking about.
>
> I'd suggest to try and keep this simple, though - depending on what the
> stickers are for, it might make sense to first order a quick 10K sticker
> order to just hand out like they cost pretty much nothing (as they don't)
> and then get fancier designs for a higher price second. Budget request for
> Eur 120 for 10K stickers, then another for stickers-to-sell is easier than
> make one big plan ;-)
>
> The 10K stickers can be at Ade's place in a week, or split over the KDE
> office and his place, and then we got 'standard' stickers covered. Then the
> fancier ones you can take some time for.
>
> Just my 10 cent on that...

Jonathan made me volunteer to print 2x 10K stickers for FOSDEM. I'd print:
* 3cm square, standard KDE logo: the top-left one from
https://www.kde.org/stuff/clipart.php
* 2.1 x 6.8 cm KDE Neon

The price would, for the 20K stickers, come to under Euro 250 including tax
(~70 and ~170).

So these would just be as give-away, dirt-cheap.

I would suggest that on top, Scott, you pick a design or two or three or more
that would make nice, fancy stickers we an print at stickermule or
UnixStickers and we use to give away for a donation-of-choice or a euro/dollar
or so. Could just be a selection of our amazing konqi mascottes, they are
popular and very nice looking.

Thoughts?

--
Jos Poortvliet
Head of Marketing

oOo - Nextcloud Files, Groupware & Talk
Keep your data secure and under your control

T +49 171 121 7528
W https://nextcloud.com

Nextcloud GmbH
Hauptmannsreute 44A, 70192 Stuttgart, Germany
T +49 711 25 24 28 90
GF: Frank Karlitschek, Niels Mache
HRB 227086 (AG München)