List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: ELCE retrospective
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-10-30 17:01:42

Let me use the right mail address :(

On dinsdag 30 oktober 2018 17:29:27 CET Scott Harvey wrote:
> Hi Jos,
>
> A quick search the other day pointed me to StickerMule.com - they do
> die-cut stickers, labels, and magnets. They're US-based (as am I), but
> they have free shipping to the EU. That's a big win.
>
> The quality looks very good and they've got a roster of other
> organizations that have used them: Google, Amazon, PayPal, etc.
>
> I personally think die-cut stickers look significantly more
> professional, although that comes at a price.

Certainly true.

> Perhaps we should start a Phabricator task, work out some prices, work
> out some designs, and see how much money we're talking about.

I'd suggest to try and keep this simple, though - depending on what the
stickers are for, it might make sense to first order a quick 10K sticker order
to just hand out like they cost pretty much nothing (as they don't) and then
get fancier designs for a higher price second. Budget request for Eur 120 for
10K stickers, then another for stickers-to-sell is easier than make one big
plan ;-)

The 10K stickers can be at Ade's place in a week, or split over the KDE office
and his place, and then we got 'standard' stickers covered. Then the fancier
ones you can take some time for.

Just my 10 cent on that...

--
Disclaimer: