List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Mycroft Promo
From:       Paul Brown <paul.brown () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-03-27 15:45:03

On martes, 27 de marzo de 2018 16:58:44 (CEST) Aditya Mehra wrote:
> Hello Paul,

Hello Aditya,

> Thanks for connecting with me. To get you and the promo team up to date on
> the happenings, there was a LOI agreement signed between Mycroft and KDE
> E.V based on that coming through there was a discussion to have a joint
> press release promo activity on talking about how KDE can become a leader
> in voice technology and the role Mycroft can play within this domain which
> would also touch upon some of KDE's new goals like privacy and the stuff
> happening in KDE with regards to Mycroft.  This PR activity was planned to
> take place with coordination between KDE and the marketing/promo guys over
> at Mycroft, but this activity process got stalled somewhere in between.

Okay. No problem. We can move it forward now.

> In regards to me doing a release of the plasma-mycroft software stable
> version, it was planned to take place after this joint PR activity as it
> would attract more users from both the communities and new-users as well,
> so was waiting to get this PR activity going, wasn't sure who to approach
> but thanks to Aleix for connecting me up with you and the promo team.

Sure. We must start talking now, but maybe you can delay the release until
after the Easter holidays? I think it wouldn't have much impact right now.

So this is the stable version of the Mycroft Plasma widget we're talking
about, correct? Is this version 1.0? Where can I download it from so I can try
it out and maybe grab some screenshots or make a screencast?

We would definitely want a dot article to go with the announcement and social
media part of the campaign and we need material for that.

> I am currently also in touch with the promo/marketing team at Mycroft and I
> shall get started with getting everyone connected on both sides with an
> introduction so this PR activity can get moving, if there is anything
> specific that you or the promo team require from my end, I'd be happy to
> get it to you as soon as I can or assist in getting it done.

Great. Please do that. We can start planning now and have something ready for
after the holidays.

Thanks Aditya.

Cheers

Paul