List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: KDE's presence on Mastodon
From:       Paul Brown <paul.brown () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-07-02 7:30:39

On Sunday, 2 July 2017 02:14:33 CEST Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello promo overlords,
>
> Just wanted to bring to your attention that a Free Software distributed
> Twitter like named Mastodon is becoming surprisingly popular in France and
> Japan: https://joinmastodon.org/
>
> Therefore I think it would be nice to have some KDE presence there. It would
> be nice to instance to have the equivalent of our @planetkde and
> @kdecommunity accounts posting on Mastodon as well. Currently I found
> kdeplanet@gnusocial.de (working), kdeespana@quitter.es (working) and
> kdecommunity@gnusocial.de (never posted anything).
>
> It can likely be automated, there are scripts out there:
> https://carlchenet.com/get-your-rss-feeds-to-mastodon-with-the-feed2toot-bot
> / https://github.com/halcy/MastodonToTwitter
>
> For the record, I currently have an account on the mamot.fr instance and
> it's really nice: https://mamot.fr/@ervin
>
> Thanks for your attention, please let me know if any KDE promo effort starts
> in the fediverse. ;)

I agree with this. I said to Lydia I would set up an account and then got
sidetracked and never got round to it.

So, to summarise we already have:

kdeplanet@gnusocial.de
kdeespana@quitter.es
kdecommunity@gnusocial.de

Do we know who is in charge of these?

What other accounts do you reckon we would need?

Probably:

@kde
@plasma
@kdeusers