List:       kde-promo
Subject:    KDE's presence on Mastodon
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-07-02 0:14:33

Hello promo overlords,

Just wanted to bring to your attention that a Free Software distributed
Twitter like named Mastodon is becoming surprisingly popular in France and
Japan: https://joinmastodon.org/

Therefore I think it would be nice to have some KDE presence there. It would
be nice to instance to have the equivalent of our @planetkde and @kdecommunity
accounts posting on Mastodon as well. Currently I found kdeplanet@gnusocial.de
(working), kdeespana@quitter.es (working) and kdecommunity@gnusocial.de (never
posted anything).

It can likely be automated, there are scripts out there:
https://carlchenet.com/get-your-rss-feeds-to-mastodon-with-the-feed2toot-bot/
https://github.com/halcy/MastodonToTwitter

For the record, I currently have an account on the mamot.fr instance and it's
really nice: https://mamot.fr/@ervin

Thanks for your attention, please let me know if any KDE promo effort starts
in the fediverse. ;)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net