List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [kde-artists] New start sound - Discussion.
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-30 13:20:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 13:17:56 Aleix Pol wrote:
> I think that having a bad sound shouldn't be confused with not wanting it
> at all. Also I don't think that making it configurable would defeat the
> purpose if it's the user who decides to change it: configurability has been
> part of our branding for longer than I can remember.

the point is that if it is configurable, and people do change it (our users
seem to have a higher rate of changing these kinds of things than users of
Windows or MaxOS, e.g.), then it isn't as useful for branding.

it obviously has some branding value, but it is not as compelling an argument
as it might be.

--
Aaron J. Seigo