List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Use new Konqi mascot
From:       Sune Vuorela <nospam () vuorela ! dk>
Date:       2013-05-24 20:25:13

On 2013-05-21, Maarten De Meyer <de.meyer.maarten@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure where or when we should add it so I'm asking for feedback
> here.

I *love* the current konqi and it is a well known mascot. I do think
that changing it is the wrong thing to do.

We have something well known and we should keep it. And Tomaz can keep
his giant konqi outfit. And I can keep konqi plush toy who has attended
several Akademies.

If the mascot start to be a replacable thing, I'm not sure we can get it
as famous and 'out there'. If it becomes replacable, why would anyone
start making konqi plush toys? Large konqi outfits? <other merchandise>
When will the next new mascot come?

This is - more or less - my quick thoughts

/Sune
 - and thanks to Eike for dealing with the uglyness in the thread.