List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Use new Konqi mascot
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2013-05-24 17:45:23

On Friday 24 May 2013 May 19:02:22 Eike Hein wrote:

> I am tired of this warning having no teeth, and since none of
> the list admins appear to involve themselves in this discussion
> I've decided to turn on the mod bit for Mr. Buddenhagen.
>
> The best defenses for his behavior are "But he's right!" and
> "But he's just emotionally distraught over someone touching the
> mascot!", and the first doesn't excuse being a dick about it
> while the second I guess I just don't buy.
>
> That leaves sysadmin power abuse: This community has a well-
> established problem dealing with poisonous individuals because
> we don't have anyone to ultimately make the call. I honestly
> have no clue if sysadmins can either, but I'd say we try that
> for once, and if anyone feels motivated enough by Mr.
> Buddenhagen's plight - the list admins would have obvious
> authority, for one - to reverse that decision, be my guest.

Thank you. I've been sitting on my hands, apart from mailing the CWG (of which Ingo \
used to be a member) -- but this is exactly what needed to happen. I am afraid that a \
considerable amount of damage has already been done by Oswald. As you say as a \
community, we need to grow some teeth.

--
Boudewijn Rempt