List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Use new Konqi mascot
From:       Eike Hein <eikehein () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-24 17:02:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> "Demotivation"? That's not the way this community works. Several people
> already directed you to the KDE Code of Conduct. Please go and read it.
> Here
> is a link:
> http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/

I am tired of this warning having no teeth, and since none of
the list admins appear to involve themselves in this discussion
I've decided to turn on the mod bit for Mr. Buddenhagen.

The best defenses for his behavior are "But he's right!" and
"But he's just emotionally distraught over someone touching the
mascot!", and the first doesn't excuse being a dick about it
while the second I guess I just don't buy.

That leaves sysadmin power abuse: This community has a well-
established problem dealing with poisonous individuals because
we don't have anyone to ultimately make the call. I honestly
have no clue if sysadmins can either, but I'd say we try that
for once, and if anyone feels motivated enough by Mr.
Buddenhagen's plight - the list admins would have obvious
authority, for one - to reverse that decision, be my guest.

Cheers,
Eike