List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Forum to cross 40,000 topics
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-01-18 8:52:51

Hi all,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Carl Symons <carlsymons@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi Promo folks,
> >
> > In a few weeks time, the forum will likely see the creation of it's
> > 40,000th topic.
> > Do we want to do something to mark this important milestone?
> >
> > (Note: the front page of the Forum gives a much higher number than
> > 40,000 due to a database incrementation issue, the real count of
> > topics is currently 39,343)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ben Cooksley
> > KDE Community Forums Administrator
> >

> 40,000 topics doesn't seem like an important milestone to
> me...especially having no basis for judgement or comparison with other
> forums.  And disagreement with numbers might be awkward.

Not a disagreement, but the database counts all topics ever made, even
the deleted ones (spam for example)-

I think it would be nice to actually not only count the topics but the
threads and the number of regular users, those figures are equally
impressive.
I don't know Carl, but 40.000 topics is more than what you usually get
in a mailing list in many years. And raising awareness of the forum is
always a good idea :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org