List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Forum to cross 40,000 topics
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-18 0:22:44

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Promo folks,
>
> In a few weeks time, the forum will likely see the creation of it's
> 40,000th topic.
> Do we want to do something to mark this important milestone?
>
> (Note: the front page of the Forum gives a much higher number than
> 40,000 due to a database incrementation issue, the real count of
> topics is currently 39,343)
>
> Regards,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Community Forums Administrator

40,000 topics doesn't seem like an important milestone to
me...especially having no basis for judgement or comparison with other
forums.  And disagreement with numbers might be awkward.

However...I think that the milestone might be a great occasion to call
attention to the Forum. Maybe we could come up with some other
measurements, perspectives and story that would make an interesting
Dot story. I'd like to work on such an effort. Anyone else at
KDE-Promo interested in taking on some publicity for the Forum?

Carl