List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Nit-pick about 4.9 announcement: Dolphin
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-04 15:12:55

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:52 AM, Hans Chen <hanswchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Great work with the 4.9 announcement to everyone involved. I have only had
> time to quickly skim it, but there was one thing that made me raise my
> eyebrows.
>
> http://kde.org/announcements/4.9/plasma.php:
> "KDE's powerful file manager Dolphin now includes back and forward buttons
> and in-line file renaming is back."
>
> I assume this refers to mouse buttons, however, you can get the impression
> that Dolphin just got a back and forward button in the toolbar, which would
> be a bit silly for "KDE's powerful file manager". ;)
> May I suggest the following instead:
>
> "KDE's powerful file manager Dolphin now includes support for back and
> forward mouse buttons, and in-line file is back."

This doesn't refer to mouse buttons. It refers to the toolbar. Prior
to 4.9, users could return to previous directory locations in Dolphin
with a back button. But there was no forward button, so they could not
retrace their steps after using the back button.

Silly is your interpretation...a forward button was a common request.
These buttons have little to do with how powerful Dolphin is as a file
manager. This is icing on the cake that provides what many people
wanted.

Perhaps this could have been worded better. Please let us know if you
would like to assist with reviewing content before it's published.

> Also, is Dolphin, Konsole, etc. considered part of Workspaces now?

Yes as applied to Dolphin and Konsole. It's not clear what you intend
by "etc." In your view, how is this an issue?

Carl