List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.9 release notes
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-19 19:15:14

El Dijous, 19 de juliol de 2012, a les 10:02:46, Carl Symons va escriure:

People translate the announcement.php page of www.kde.org

> What needs to happen to keep translations viable?

Make the dot translatable or not put the announcement in the dot i'm afraid.

> =

> > I'm not going to fight against that, but if that is the decision, whoev=
er
> > made that decision should communicate it to our translator teams.
> > =

> > Cheers,
> > =

> >   Albert
> =

> It was a suggestion to the specific players who have been involved in
> release announcements previously. It is now communicated. What do we
> need to do for this to work? The past 2 announcements have not had
> much in the way of translations (4.8 Persian; 4.7 Estonian, Russian,
> Ukrainian)

Right, in the latest releases there were virtually no translations because =

almost no time was given between announcement writting and announcement =

publishing hence translators did not have time to translate anything.

But as said, if the promo masterminds think that having stuff in the dot be=
ats =

having stuff translated, that's fine, it just needs to be communicated.

Cheers,
  Albert