List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About the Edu-Sprint and Sponsorship in Randa.
From:       Mario Fux <kde-ml () unormal ! org>
Date:       2012-07-06 20:41:05

Am Freitag 06 Juli 2012, 20.04:16 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:

Morning from my side

> On Friday 06 July 2012 15:06:31 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> > Aleix Pol, me and Cola were talking in private about fundings of the
> > KDE-Edu meeting, and apol talked about a future fundraising for it. Do
> > we already have a fundraising page?
>
> Not yet. I'm currently looking into how we want to do it. There would be
> pledgie.com or indiegogo.com or we could roll our own just using Paypal, or
> we use something completely different. Suggestions?

kickstarter.com is another option.

> > I'm asking because I want to do a few blog posts directed to schools,
> > linux-it-guys, non-geeks appealing about the humanitary thing that is
> > 50.000 students in brazil using our apps, and how can we make it
> > better if we work a week together.
>
> That sounds great, exactly the thing we need to get the campaign going.
>
> > If the fundraising is not setup yet, how can I setup one?
>
> We need to choose a platform, finish and translate Mario's Randa
> sponsorship brochure, create a one page summary for the fundraising site,
> and then spread the word.

The brochure is on its way. But the translation is a huge amount of work. Will
prioritize the pages. And try to spread the work. Keep you updated.

> In case we go with something like indiegogo we also need to decide if we
> want to offer some perks for different levels of sponsorship, and what
> these would be.

What about things like:
- Post card signed by people from Randa
- T-Shirt signed
- Lunch/dinner in Randa
- Big amount of money: We bring you to Randa

> Help with any of this is appreciated.

This for the moment
Mario