List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About the Edu-Sprint and Sponsorship in Randa.
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-06 18:04:16

On Friday 06 July 2012 15:06:31 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> Aleix Pol, me and Cola were talking in private about fundings of the
> KDE-Edu meeting, and apol talked about a future fundraising for it. Do
> we already have a fundraising page?

Not yet. I'm currently looking into how we want to do it. There would be
pledgie.com or indiegogo.com or we could roll our own just using Paypal, or we
use something completely different. Suggestions?

> I'm asking because I want to do a few blog posts directed to schools,
> linux-it-guys, non-geeks appealing about the humanitary thing that is
> 50.000 students in brazil using our apps, and how can we make it
> better if we work a week together.

That sounds great, exactly the thing we need to get the campaign going.

> If the fundraising is not setup yet, how can I setup one?

We need to choose a platform, finish and translate Mario's Randa sponsorship
brochure, create a one page summary for the fundraising site, and then spread
the word.

In case we go with something like indiegogo we also need to decide if we want
to offer some perks for different levels of sponsorship, and what these would
be.

Help with any of this is appreciated.