List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE-Promo Repository
From:       Algot Runeman <algot.runeman () verizon ! net>
Date:       2012-03-19 15:23:03

On 03/19/2012 12:55 AM, heathmatlock wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
> <annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr>  wrote:
>
> > Developers at FOSDEM outlined how poor the whole booth was.
> Will you list the opinions you recall? Were there some suggestion as well?
>
> > Following AkademyFr we also in
> > France would like to get things going like scripts and dummy data for demo
> > machines.
> I'm in the process of documenting everything that's taking place in
> preparation for setting up a booth. This might help constructing
> instructions for future promoters preparing for their booths.

Preparing for a booth (my version - Northeast LinuxFest and Usenix LISA
- LinuxCon Boston where I was a participant)

Contact KDEev to volunteer to be the booth organizer or a member of the
team. (often via the KDE promo mailing list)
Contact the show's organizer if it is local (contact for larger shows
may have been instigated by KDEev)
[[materials requests done with more than a month's lead time]]
Request materials from KDEev (buttons, Join the Game brochures,
t-shirts, etc.)
Request CDs/DVDs from distributions (Was able to get them from Kubuntu,
Fedora and SUSE for the most recent Northeast LinuxFest)
Print a booth sign (I made a design and had it printed at my local
Staples copy center on vinyl 2ftx3ft - multiple use: Northeast
LinuxFest, LISA...) carried rolled in tube.
Print (B&W) copies of the KDE booklet (again done at Staples copy center
- done last year, and still had a few for this year's LinuxFest)
Print and prepare ahead appropriate "...and KDE is My Community" and