List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE-Promo Repository
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2012-03-19 12:31:52

On 03/19/2012 05:55 AM, heathmatlock wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
> <annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr>  wrote:
>
> > Developers at FOSDEM outlined how poor the whole booth was.
> Will you list the opinions you recall? Were there some suggestion as well?
KDE booth was "sad" (I quote) compared to other orgs: no posters, no
tablecloth at KDE color, poor demo machines (they were all personal
machines and probably not set up properly).
At AkademyFr (November 2011) at our booth we had no flyers, booklets,
stickers, posters, ...

Suggestion was that KDE buys a strong suitcase in order to ship whenever
possible the booth box which stays in KDE eV office in Berlin. This is
not possible in most of the cases probably due to high costs. That's why
we need scripts, instructions, ideas (I showed Blinken on the desktop
and on the Nokia N9, visitors were very impressed by this).

Having a nice KDE poster to print, a booklet (with sources to be
translated), a flyer (translatable) is the minimum we must have.

Anne-Marie