List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Spark and KDE and Tablet-Projects for Schools in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony/Germany
From:       Daniel Rohde-Kage <daniel.rohde-kage () tu-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2012-02-25 9:31:13

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Moinmoin to all of you,<br>
    in March or the beginning of April the administration publishes the
    terms of contracts in the 'Schulverwaltungsblatt Niedersachsen',
    available in the internet. I will post the exact date here.<br>
      <pre wrap="">From my experience it's pretty tough to join this without a company with at
least some experience in this kind of process as a backer, but maybe we can
come up with some creative solution.</pre>
        commitment</span> <span class="hps">of the players is really
        strong</span></span> and also very subtle, especially from
    Apple.<br>
    The main topic for an alternative party (of KDE, open-slx, basysKOM,
    what about the FSFE?), which presents a KDE-tablet like Spark,
    should be the focus on the educational possibilities of the <b><i>whole
    This includes:<br>
    hardware - what can I physically do with this machine? How many
    features are implemented (usb-ports, camera, accu-life...)<br>
    support - who cares for the users, really the most important aspect
    for schools, which are no IT-companies and would like to/must have
    an easy-care system (e.g. what about restoring a corrupted system?)<br>
    software - under iOS the app-store is pretty well equipped, so how
    many of the great KDE-edu-applications are usable with this system?<br>
    content - which contents can be accessed and produced(!) on
    different systems&nbsp; - the advancing of apple goes toward a closed
    e-book-market for schools.<br>
    It would be wonderful if within this outstanding tablet-project in
    Niedersachsen an open system could be established, while dead-lines
    are short.<br>
    Daniel<br>
    --- <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">the
        class="hps">school-English, but I think you would ask, if