List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Spark and KDE and Tablet-Projects for Schools in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony/Germany)
From:       Daniel Rohde-Kage <daniel.rohde-kage () tu-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2012-02-23 15:31:10

Moinmoin to all of you,

the federal state of Niedersachsen/Germany has started a tablet project
in and for schools.
Soon there will be an official invitation(German: Ausschreibung), where
tablet-providers, the administration and schools come together and enter
into contracts. The discussion about interactive elearning-media and
schoolbooks is focussed very much on Apple with the Ipad. In this
mailing list I heard the first time of the 'Spark-tablet'. I haven't
found out whether this is - beside the software development of Plasma
Active - a community or a commercial project.
I think it could be a real chance for the Spark-tablet and KDE
Plasma-Active - depending on the developmental stage. I tried to present
the Wetab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeTab) with KDE PA2 in our
media-consultant-community, but this hardware is pretty weak and PA2
didn't have a working office-suite.
 From what I understand, the Spark Tablet is presented at Cebit 2012.
Perhaps KDE e.V. or someone else could try to join the negotiations
(German: Ausschreibungsverfahren) or at least present this machine to
offer an alternative to Apple, M$ and Android-tablets.
What do you think?

Daniel

Daniel Rohde-Kage
Official, non-commercial media-consultant for schools in Niedersachsen