List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: 4.7 Release Notes
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-25 15:29:28

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 17:40:51 Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> > > - Is there anything coming from Plasma Active in 4.7? It was mentioned
> > > in the original notes and is newsworthy if so, but my assumption is
> > > that there's nothing release-ready (or even tech-preview ready) yet.
> >
> > According to recent posts on the Active mailing list the first release
> > will be built on top of 4.7 code. However there was no word about when
> > it'll be released which makes me believe that it's not around the corner
> > but focusing on 4.7 as base for a release suggests that it'll be done
> > before the release of 4.8 -- hence later this year. It could be written
> > as 4.7 contains work that paves the way for future Active releases but
> > that's about it.

Correct, Plasma Active is not part of KDE SC, and doesn't align with its
release schedule. Also true is that some of the work that was done in the
Active team is in 4.7, but nothing really noticable, mostly fixes and API
extensions.

Also, not everything that's needed by Active is currently included (not
everything made the freeze), but that's another story.

> Ok, hat's also alright in the current draft. So we're kinda there - or it's
> as  good as it's likely to get anyway, unless someone has some last minute
> inspiration...
>
> We need more screenshots, but I can bump one of my machines onto an RC to
> get  those if necessary.

More screenies would be cool. I'll hopefully find time tonight to transfer the
text into www SVN, and we'll start polishing from there. I'll send a note once
it's in, then we have tomorrow to polish it.

Cheers,
--
sebas