List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: 4.7 Release Notes
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-25 15:26:29

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 20:46:26 Vivek P wrote:
> 2. Highlighting Akonadi -> Email notification.
>
> What happenned to LionMail?
> I anticipate there will be some "what's the point of Akonadi/Nepomuk
> anyways" responses (there seem to always be a few).  One of the best
> ways I can think of to show off Akonadi's usability is via the plasma
> widget for incoming mail.  Is the widget ready and included in 4.7?
> (Sebas?)

Not going forward at the moment. It has some technical problem with the way
how the data is shared between Plasma and Akonadi, and needs some bigger
internal changes, otherwise it can consume huge amounts of memory in some
setups, and that's not justified for such a thing.

So no Lion Mail in 4.7, unfortunately.
--
sebas