List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Official KDE Day
From:       Thomas Thym <ungethym () mevin ! net>
Date:       2011-07-09 8:38:10

Great idea. That would be a huge advantage for promotion (and another reason for \
parties).  I summarized and added some parts to the discussion so far.

Proposals:
- 12th of July (the date of the 1.0 release of KDE)
- 27th of November (KDE e.V. was founded)
- 14th of October (Matthias Ettrich's first email about the Kool Desktop Environment. \
It was the call to code which started the whole community)

Arguments:
- Not during holydays
- In summer (at least the norther part of the planet enjoys warmer weather)
- Not during the Akademy time frame.
- Not at the same date as another important day.

Ideas:
- We have the release days. Does it get too much? Too many KDE days?

I would like to have a KDE day. So how should we proceed? What is the next step? Dot \
article and a vote? Or first call for proposals? Discuss it within the e.V. list?

Cheers,
Thomas