List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: The Future of our Frameworks
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-06-30 12:52:45

On Thursday, June 30, 2011 13:54:51 Oriol Mirosa wrote:
> > So the plan in a nutshell is:
> >
> > The 4.x series of the development platform is the "KDE Development
> > Platform"
> >
> > What would be the 5th incarnation of the KDE Development Platform \
> > becomes the KDE Frameworks.
> >
> > Ok with everyone? :-)
>
> I think that at some point there was some confusion about whether KDE
> Development Platform and KDE Platform were synonymous, they meant
> different  things, or we should just use one of the two. Was this ever
> resolved? I am asking because in the Dot article you mostly talk about \
> KDE Frameworks, but you once write KDE Development Frameworks. Should we \
> then take both expressions as synonymous? Should we stick to one of them \
> in order to avoid confusion?

"development frameworks" is a bit more clear, so it should be used where \
it's  really unclear that it's about software development. It is pretty \
close to "Qt  Development Frameworks", therefore I'd not use it throughout, \
but prefer "KDE  Frameworks" as the name that's generally used.

Cheers,
--
sebas