List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [SPAM] Re: kde haters' blog
From:       Ingo Malchow <imalchow () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-06-13 22:36:52

2011/6/14 Eugene Trounev <eugene.trounev@gmail.com>:
> I normally do not talk on the lists, but this one got me alarmed.
> KDE is not a pop singer superstar, and a promo slogan "Bad publicity is
> still a publicity" does not apply at all.
> It works well on pop divas because there is something called (sorry Claudia)
> sexual attachment involved there. Some people find bad behavior arousing and
> are naturally attracted to those who misbehave.
> When it comes to KDE though, an even like that will generate a lot of bad
> publicity such as "KDE hates KDE!" on linux.com Or "The story of
> epic failure KDE style!" on linuxtoday.com This will hurt the public image
> we have worked so hard to rebuild big time. So, please no Hate days, or
> anything of sorts.
> On the other hand, an event like "Open Talk Week" where we all would come
> together and discuss VERY POLITELY all the things we believe could be
> improved, while not calling any names in particular, and only referring to
> the projects with replies DISABLED - could be very beneficial.
> Having reply function disabled would ensure we don't get any trolls and
> their hate and poison, while we know one another and will be able to discuss
> things that bother us on IRC later.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Eugene Trounev
>
> [it-s]

Agreed, and to add up on that, we have a Code of Conduct
(http://kde.org/code-of-conduct/) which should be honored. But indeed
having a nice working discussion with users is a really good idea. No
limits is not good, as i know many of the proll posts we get and need
to be moderated... So instead, a REASONABLE discussion point should be
the most minimal limit.

Cheerio,
Ingo