List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [SPAM] Re: kde haters' blog
From:       Eugene Trounev <eugene.trounev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-13 22:27:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I normally do not talk on the lists, but this one got me alarmed.

KDE is not a pop singer superstar, and a promo slogan "Bad publicity is
still a publicity" does not apply at all.
It works well on pop divas because there is something called (sorry Claudia)
sexual attachment involved there. Some people find bad behavior arousing and
are naturally attracted to those who misbehave.
When it comes to KDE though, an even like that will generate a lot of bad
publicity such as "KDE hates KDE!" on linux.com Or "The story of
epic failure KDE style!" on linuxtoday.com This will hurt the public image
we have worked so hard to rebuild big time. So, please no Hate days, or
anything of sorts.

On the other hand, an event like "Open Talk Week" where we all would come
together and discuss VERY POLITELY all the things we believe could be
improved, while not calling any names in particular, and only referring to
the projects with replies DISABLED - could be very beneficial.
Having reply function disabled would ensure we don't get any trolls and
their hate and poison, while we know one another and will be able to discuss
things that bother us on IRC later.

Best Regards,

Eugene Trounev

[it-s]