List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Enterprise site
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-05-27 9:55:09

On Thursday 26 May 2011 20:18:58 Ingo Malchow wrote:
> 2011/5/26 Stuart Jarvis <jarvis@kde.org>:
> > On Thursday 26 May 2011 17:28:49 James Cain wrote:
> > > Much thanks Stu! I've received a few good hits in the comments section
> > > already =) One comment however (the 3rd in the list) references a bad
> > > link that apparently leads to a porno site, although I could not verify
> > > this through a cursory look-through. I've asked the commenter for more
> > > specifics so that I can track it down. I guess no one was really
> > > looking at that site much lately!
> >
> > Yeah, it's the pinguin-cafe one as mentioned - seems the links under
> > 'success stories' are on rotation so it only shows up sometimes. Hmm...
> > I've removed the link to enterprise.kde.org from my blog for the moment,
> > we need someone with access to pull that link from the site. (Lydia
> > maybe?)
>
> It is not in svn, this is a database driven list, you would need to
> request that at the sysadmins
> (https://bugs.kde.org/enter_sysadmin_request.cgi).

How about if we remove the list entirely (since many are surely outdated and
there may be some other inappropriate sites in the list). i.e. we remove the
php (?) sql call to the database that loads the entries into the page.

Is that just in SVN?

Any existing content will need review to check that it is still relevant.
Here is a dump of the pages listing companies under success stories and
the business directory for the new site developers to work through (if they
wish):
http://www.asinen.org/downloads/kdeenterprise.tar.gz

Cheers,
Stu

--
Stuart Jarvis
KDE Marketing Working Group, Promotion Team and KDE.News

Experience Freedom with KDE
http://www.kde.org/