List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Address fields back on JTG
From:       Algot Runeman <algot.runeman () verizon ! net>
Date:       2011-05-22 20:58:30

On 05/20/2011 06:29 AM, Emil Sedgh wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> A few mnths back when we started writing new version of Join the game, we
> removed country, city, postal and province fields from the registration form in
> order to reduce the size of the form.
>
> Now, we have only one field: Address.
> however, Claudia says she needs to make sure user enters all the fields very
> very correctly. She is going to send a package to members, after all.
>
> So, any ideas what could/should we do about it?

1) Reduce banner. A person interested in joining does not need that big,
changing image. Max at about 1/3 current banner height.
2) Make the spacing of "Enter your personal information" much tighter.
Use just a few pixels more than the text size above and below the text.
3) Keep compact form layout, but reinstate the fields. Some can be
side-by-side in about the same space.
4) As needed, tighten the vertical spacing between form elements. May
not be necessary if banner is reduced.

[[Did not go on to second screen so as not to duplicate membership.]]
--Algot