List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Promo Sprint Confirmed - Book now
From:       Justin Kirby <justin () neomantra ! org>
Date:       2011-03-23 22:10:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Damien Tardy-Panis <
damientardypanis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I wanted to book my travel for the Promo sprint but from what I see in the
> wiki page nobody did it yet and a lot of people are finally not attending
> the
> sprint (and some others didn't answer it yet too). So i have a strange
> feeling
> about all this...

I'll let Stu confirm details but I think this is undue worry on your part.

> Will the sprint still held ? There is currently just 6 persons confirmed
> for
> the sprint, including me who will be a kind of noob there ;-)

Yes.  Sprints are not necessarily meant to be large engagements with tons of
people.  That can sometimes hinder getting any real work done anyways.  If
we have 6 people working together for the weekend we'll get all sorts of
things done. (though I do think we have more than that coming still...not
certain)

> It's just because I don't want to pay for the flights and the trains,
> neither I
> want to spend time on planning the trip for nothing. And prices are getting
> higher and higher so it really urge now to book it. The sprint is in 1
> month
> now...

Hey, I booked my flight from the US...hurry up and book already ;-)  Stu has
been emphasizing that we do it sooner rather than later to ensure we can all
stay at this hotel he's got lined up.  We also need to get cracking on
refining the agenda a bit.  I've been meaning to get started on that but
Camp KDE preparations have been soaking up most of my KDE time lately.  If
someone else wants to start on that then great, but if not I'll try and get
the ball rolling right after Camp (or possibly while at Camp during the
hacking session).

-Justin