List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [Randa] Text for registration page launch this week
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-17 12:28:56

On Thursday 17 March 2011 12:19:24 Mario Fux wrote:
> Am Dienstag 15 März 2011, 10.01:57 schrieb Mario Fux:
>
> Morning again
>
> > > What's the goal of the dot story? We usually don't do that for
> > > announcing sprints.
> >
> > - Inform about the launch of the registration page and thus get the
> > attention of the interested people.
> > - Inform about the forthcoming Nepomuk articles.
> > - Inform about the work on an sprint manager.
> >
> > And I still think that the Randa "sprint" is a bit of a special case.
>
> Nobody here to help? We'd need an article about:
>
> - Launch of registration page for Randa 2011
> - What's happening in Randa (Nepomuk, Platform_11, Multimedia &
> KDevelop/Kate) - The new sprint manager application.

As Cornelius said, it's a bit unusual to pre-announce a sprint on the Dot.
However, I think the new sprint manager application is newsworthy, so you (or
someone else) could write a story along these lines:

- KDE has a new sprint manager app and this is cool because...
- The first test/use of the app is the Randa sprint, which is about
- Nepomuk is cool and there will be a set of articles coming about it

Then the headline is something like:

"New Sprint Manager App Gains first Use for Randa Sprint"

Sound ok?

> Should I write something and send it to dot-editors?

Yep, if no one here is interested. We (editors) can help with polishing it up
once you have a draft.

Cheers,
Stu