List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: KDE 4.6 LiveDVD
From:       Algot Runeman <algot.runeman () verizon ! net>
Date:       2011-03-04 14:56:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 03/03/2011 10:21 AM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Dear promo friends,
>
> Will Stephenson has offered to create a KDE Live DVD for 4.6 with KDE
> branding etc; Novell will pay for creating a large bunch of them and
> give them to e.V. to hand out.
>
> So to do that, we need a nice DVD cover - pls use the openSUSE one as
> base to have the right format:
> http://gitorious.org/opensuse/art/trees/master/CD-sleeve
>
> And we need a tar.gz to be extracted in either home or ~/Documents with
> marketing materials and whatever you think should be on there!
>
> Will will need about 2 weeks to create the ISO's, once that is done we
> can create the DVD's as soon as we have the artwork&  stuff-for-on-the-
> disk :D
>
> We can send the DVD's to up to 4 different places in the world from
> where you could distribute them locally to events. This could tie in
> with having some other materials printed: the booklets, posters, short
> flyers (the blue and yellow ones, might need an update) etc. All of that
> could be send out as a kit.
>
> I thought having the DVD's which have to be send etc would be the needed
> kick under the bottoms to get this booth box thing finally going :D
>
> Cheers,
> Jos

Is it possible to get an iso early? I'm preparing for a table at the
Northeast LinuxFest in Worcester, Massachusetts USA on *
*, 2011. I'd like to get familiar with the contents so I can tell people
who take them what to expect.

I hope copies of the final DVD will be available for me to give out.
--Algot